Information We Collect About You
In General. We may collect personal information that can identify you, such as your name and email address, and other information that does not identify you. When you provide personal information through our website, the information may be sent to servers located in the United States and other countries around the world.
• Information you provide. We may collect and store any personal information you enter on our website or provide to us in some other manner, including personal information that may be contained in any video, comment or other submission you upload or post to the website. This includes identifying information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number; your likeness; and, if you transact business with us, financial information such as your payment method (valid credit card number, type, expiration date or other financial information). We also may request information about your interests and activities, your gender and age, and other demographic information.
• Information from other sources. We may also periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from other IAC businesses, business partners, contractors and other third parties. Examples of information that we may receive include: updated delivery and address information, purchase history, and additional demographic information.
• Information about others. We may also collect and store personal information about other people that you provide to us. If you use our website to send others (friends, relatives, colleagues, etc.) a product as a gift, information that may interest them or messages (such as invitations) through our system, we may store your personal information, and the personal information of each such recipient. Similarly, if you use our website to upload, share and/or distribute content (including videos, comments or other submissions), and such content contains personal information about others, such information may be stored in order to allow for such uploading, sharing and/or distribution.
• Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser when you visit our website. This information includes your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us (see "Cookies" below), and the referring website address.
• Cookies. When you visit our website, we may assign your computer one or more cookies, to facilitate access to our site and to personalize your online experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our site, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our site. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on our website. You may also clear or delete existing cookies from standard internet browsers.
• Other Technologies. We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of our site. We also may include web beacons in promotional e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer our website visitors to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming or other activities.
• Information collected by third-parties. We may allow third-parties, including our authorized service providers, IAC companies, advertising companies, and ad networks, to display advertisements on our site. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. Unless expressly stated otherwise, our website does not provide any personal information to these third parties. This information allows them to deliver targeted advertisements and gauge their effectiveness. Some of these third-party advertising companies may be advertising networks that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers a single location to opt out of ad targeting from member companies (www.networkadvertising.org).
How We Use the Information We Collect
In General. We may use information that we collect about you to:
• deliver the products and services that you have requested;
• manage your account and provide you with customer support;
• perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
• communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us, our sister IAC companies or other third parties;
• develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other sites;
• verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes;
• enforce our terms and conditions;
• manage our business and
• perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Financial information. We may use financial information or payment method to process payment for any purchases, subscriptions or sales made on our website, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
Please review "Your Choices About Collection and Use of Your Information" below.
With Whom We Share Your Information
We want you to understand when and with whom we may share personal or other information we have collected about you or your activities on our website or while using our services.
Personal information. We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. We may share personal information with:
• Authorized service providers: We may share your personal information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, processing credit card payments, delivering packages, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting our website functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through our website. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
• Seat Access.If you are a PRO or Business subscriber, you may grant access to your account to others subject to a seat limit. By doing so, you will be sharing all information related to the content and settings of your account except for your account credentials.
• Business partners: When you make purchases, reservations or engage in promotions offered through our website or our services, we may share personal information with the businesses with which we partner to offer you those products, services, promotions, contests and/or sweepstakes. When you elect to engage in a particular merchant’s offer or program, you authorize us to provide your email address and other information to that merchant.
• Direct mail partners. From time to time we may share our postal mailing list with selected providers of goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive mailings from these providers, you can notify us at any time by clicking here.
• Other IAC businesses. We are part of the IAC family of businesses (go to www.iac.com for a listing of these businesses). We may share information we collect, including personal information, with the IAC companies. Sharing information with our IAC companies enables us to provide you with information about a variety of products and services that might interest you.
• Other Situations. We also may disclose your information:
o In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us, in our sole discretion.
o When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, report or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
o In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Aggregated and non-personal information. We may share aggregated and non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with third parties and our IAC sister companies to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our websites and on websites of third parties. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors to our website and the most popular features or services accessed. This information does not contain any personal information and may be used to develop website content and services that we hope you and other users will find of interest and to target content and advertising.
Our website is a general audience site, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
Visiting Our Websites from Outside the United States
No Rights of Third Parties
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s computer for record keeping purposes. Cookies can be either session cookies or persistent cookies. A session cookie expires when you close your browser and is used to make it easier for you to navigate our website. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time.
For example, when you sign in to our website, we will record your user or member ID and the name on your user or member account in the cookie file on your computer. We also may record your password in this cookie file, if you indicated that you would like your password saved for automatic sign-in. For security purposes, we will encrypt any usernames, passwords, and other user or member account-related data that we store in such cookies. In the case of sites and services that do not use a user or member ID, the cookie will contain a unique identifier. We may allow our authorized service providers to serve cookies from our website to allow them to assist us in various activities, such as doing analysis and research on the effectiveness of our site, content and advertising.
You may delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings. (Click "Help" in the toolbar of most browsers for instructions.) If you do so, some of the features and services of our website may not function properly.
Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or web bugs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users or to access cookies. Unlike cookies which are stored on the user’s computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on the web pages (or in email) and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence.
Web beacons may be used to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited certain pages and to understand usage patterns. We also may receive an anonymous identification number if you come to our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website.